to the Andrew Turnbull License Plate Gallery...an information, hobby, and history website devoted to the interesting field of vehicle registration plates.
Why do I take an interest in such a topic? It's difficult to pinpoint a single reason, but there were many different factors to take into consideration: Their varied colors, distinctive captions, hidden codes, geographical significance, and association with both numbers and transportation were but some of the reasons why they appealed to me. Everyone deserves to have a unique or eccentric hobby, and with this I am no exception.
I recently acquired this 1985-dated Kentucky plate for my collection. What is it, though? The format is similar to that of a truck plate; however, truck plates were stamped with a weight class at the bottom and were blue and white, not black. It's in mint, never-issued condition. Prototype or test plate, maybe?
- A Plate Collector's Biography.
- License Plates on The Astral Log: My latest weblog adventure.
- Want & Trade Lists.
- Tips for Cleaning and Spiffing Up Plates.
- Updated 6/16: Marriage Equality Run.
- Updated 6/16: 1985 "Birthyear Run." Beware: Hundreds of thumbnails.
- Wisconsin license plates:
- West Virginia license plates:
- Oregon license plates:
- License plate sticker colors:
- The Secrets of Staggered Registration:
- Potpourri. The original catch-all of license plate collection highlights.